Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Comp worthy sab is back

So anyone who played cod4 might remember the sab comp mod I wrote that was included in PAM and DAMN mods.  It was used in both CAL and TWL and really was fun to play.  I ported over that code with a few modifications into GoneMOD.

What is different in the comp version of sab over the stock version?  Well to start once time runs out in stock, it goes to a sudden death overtime which turns the game into TDM.  In my comp mode (gm_sab_comp_mode_enabled), once time runs out 2 things happen:  additional time is added (gm_sab_comp_mode_incrementtime) and spawn time is increased (gm_sab_comp_mode_spawnincrease).  This keeps repeating every time the additional time runs out.  You can also set a max spawn time so they don't get too out of hand (gm_sab_comp_mode_maxspawntime).  The extended spawn time makes it a bit easier to get a plant down and/or defend the bomb.  Without any increase in spawntime, two equally matched teams could go on for a LONG time before the bombsite is ever blown up.

I also customized some other aspects of sab.  Both the 2D and the 3D bombsites can be turned on and off (gm_sab_show_2D_bombsites, gm_sab_show_3D_bombsites).  You can also disable the bomb icon when an enemy picks up the bomb (gm_sab_enemy_bomb_carrier_visible).  With the icon always showing it is pretty cheap since you always know where the bomb carrier is at.

I don't recall the exact competitive settings we used when I was a admin for SAB on CAL, but it was something like this:

Best of 7 rounds
Initial Respawn Time: 10 secs
Plant Time: 5 secs
Defuse Time: 7 secs
Bomb Timer: 45 secs
Round Time: 5 min
Enemy Bomb Indicator: Off
2D Bombsite Icons: On
3D Bombsite Icons: Off (this prevented nade spam on the bombsite whenever it would flash)
OT Respawn Increase: 5 secs
OT Increment Time: 1 min
OT Max Spawn Time: No Limit (TWL used 60 seconds I think)

I recorded a video with idiotic bots to show some of these elements.  I made the times shorter just to keep the video as short as I could.  Also the music was recorded on accident.  I forgot fraps was set to record windows sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment