Monday, January 24, 2011

FPS Comparison

Performance has always been the biggest complaint I see about black ops, so I did a little experiment to see what turning off fog, effects, and sound does to your frame rate.  There is definitely an increase when turning them all off.  Keep in mind I took these screen shots on my beefy gaming computer (i7 OC'd to 3.6ghz, 6 gig ddr3 ram, and a 580 GTX) so most likely worse computers will see a much bigger increase than I did.  I don't know the exact numbers but I did see a significant boost when running blackops on my laptop that can barely run the game.

Summit - 154 FPS - Fog on, Effects on, Ambient Sound on
Summit - 174 FPS - Fog off, Effects off, Ambient Sound on
Summit - 188 FPS - Fog off, Effects off, Ambient Sound off
Cracked - 115 FPS - Fog on, Effects on, Ambient Sound on

Cracked - 129 FPS - Fog off, Effects off, Ambient Sound on
Launch - 248 FPS - Fog on, Effects on, Ambient Sound on
Launch - 264 FPS - Fog off, Effects off, Ambient Sound on
Launch - 131 FPS - Fog on, Effects on, Ambient Sound on
Launch - 140 FPS - Fog off, Effects off, Ambient Sound on

2 comments:

  1. hey can u write the commands please?nice btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is done via a server side mod (that will be available to dl when the mod tools come out)

    there used to be a config command that removed fog but that was blocked in the latest patch

    ReplyDelete