Sunday, January 2, 2011

First 2011 update and there is a lot to talk about

So I worked on the mod most of today and added a bunch of new functionality.

Advanced Item Restrictions:

I expanded upon the existing weapon restrictions and added the ability to individually limit every weapon, attachment, perk(speciality), tactical, lethal, and equipment to X amount per team.  I read in the forums how weapons like the famas and aug seem to be the only thing used in scrims, so I upped the priority of this feature.


all the dvar names are the same but instead of them being a simple true or false.. its a number from 0 to 99 for how many are allowed per team (99 is the default).  setdvar("gm_smg_allow_kiparis", 3);

Weapon Drops:

Since we can now limit the amount of items individually, this allowed me to put in an option to limit weapon drops.

setdvar("gm_restricted_weapon_drops_enabled", true);

When this is true, any item that is not at the default value will not be dropped when the player dies.  If for some reason a more advanced version of this is needed, I can add dvars to allow drops on each item but that didn't seem necessary at this point.

I also added the ability to restrict getting resupplied with more lethal nades with scavenger and tactical nades with scavenger pro.

setdvar("gm_lethal_drops_enabled", false);
setdvar("gm_tactical_drops_enabled", false);

Starting Ammo:

Last week sometime I added the ability to set a starting count for lethals, tacticals, and equipment.  I finished out the customization by adding the ability to set starting ammo for primary and secondary weapons.  This will allow leagues that disable perks to give the players a decent amount of ammo to start.

setdvar("gm_primary_ammo_starting_count", 177);
setdvar("gm_sidearm_ammo_starting_count", 33);

Edit: I forgot to note that you can still not give a gun more ammo than its max.  So for example if the primary was set to 200, assault rifles and smgs would get 200 rounds but shotgun and sniper would max out around 40 I believe.

30 + 147 = 177  Math is fun!
7 + 26 = 33

Bomb Plant/Defuse Improvements:

All of the following applies to sd, dem and sab.  I finally decided to start working on the bomb based gametypes.  The first thing I did was added the ability to remove the briefcase when planting the bomb.  It really obstructs the view and I know all the "promods" take it out.  The next thing I did was take a look at the bomb planting sounds.  Apparently treyarch decided to remove some sounds without even adjusting the scripts accordingly.  The sd.gsc file shows a plant sound is supposed to be played, but I guess that sound does not exist anymore.  My solution was going through every single sound referenced in the script and find something good to represent the plant and defuse sound.  What I used isn't ideal but they are decent sounding for the time being.  I can always put in new sounds when the mod tools come out.  I also added an option to loop the sound during the plant since they are pretty sort.


setdvar("gm_" + gametype + "_hide_briefcase", true);
setdvar("gm_" + gametype + "_sounds_plant_enabled", true);
setdvar("gm_" + gametype + "_sounds_defuse_enabled", true);
setdvar("gm_" + gametype + "_sounds_plant_looptime", 1.5);
setdvar("gm_" + gametype + "_sounds_defuse_looptime", 1.5);

1 comment:

  1. Looking great GM - really hope we don't have to wait until the DLC to get the mod tools :|

    ReplyDelete