Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Silent ADS

In past call of duty games when you would aim down the sight, you would not make any noise when moving.  For some reason in black ops you do, so I put in an option to disable footsteps when moving while using the iron sights.  As an engineer I never like taking the easy way over the proper way of implementing something, but unfortunately for this feature I had to go the easier route.  The code for footsteps seem to be solely in the client scripts.  Client scripts do not include many of the player functions that the server scripts do, so this complicated things.  The game however does have a convenient perk that makes your footsteps silent so I decided to just take advantage of that.  It's a simple feature so there is no point getting super complicated.  Anyway I included a video with the audio jacked up about 500% so you can hear the lack of footstep sounds when ADS.


setdvar("gm_silent_ads", true);

No comments:

Post a Comment